Tuesday, September 1, 2009

By Your Side- Inspired by Sade




I was listening to a song by Sade the other day.  You may remember the song, it's called "By Your Side".

Now, I know some of you are wondering what Sade has to do with inspiration and God but to me this song is more spiritual that you may think at first listen or first glance.

I'm posting the lyrics just so you can see how I make the connection:

"You think I'd leave your side baby?
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave down when your down on your knees?
I wouldn't do that
I'll do you right when your wrong
I-----ohhh, ohhh
If only you could see into me

oh, when your cold
I'll be there to hold you tight to me
When your on the outside baby and you can't get in
I will show you, your so much better than you know
When your lost, when your alone and you can't get back again
I will find you darling I'll bring you home
If you want to cry
I am here to dry your eyes
and in no time you'll be fine

You think I'd leave your side baby
You know me better than that
You think I'd leave you down when your down on your knees
I wouldn't do that

I'll do you right when your wrong
I-----I, ohhhh, ohhh
If only you could see into me
Oh when your cold
I'll be there
To hold you tight to me
Oh when your alone
I'l be there by your side baby "

The way this song was written reminds me of the connection I have with God.  It reminds me of how at my lowest points I often feel alone. I feel as if he's NO WHERE to be found. But the truth is that his word says that he will NEVER leave nor forsake me. NEVER.

Unfortunately, I sometimes forget this promise. But, lucky for me, I'm able to be reminded. Whether I remind myself, or maybe a friend reminds me or much like today when HE reminded me through this song. I mean sure, it's not a "christian" song but my interpretation is just that it's MY interpretation and for me it hits home and it touches my heart.

So, when I listen to the opening of the song " You think I'd leave your side baby...you know me better than that. You think I'd leave you when you're down on your knees? I WOULDN'T do that..." I hear his promise to me.

Or perhaps, take the lyrics " When you're on the outside and you can't get back in. I'll show you you're so much better than you know..." WOW! How's that for reassurance? To know that even when I don't believe in myself or  when I have no idea of who I am in Christ he will SHOW me!

When she sings " When you're lost and your alone and you can't get back again. I will find you and bring you home". WOW again. I've been lost so many times in my life. I've gone astray, ended up in situations where I wasn't supposed to be and he ALWAYS finds me and brings me back home to him.

Simply amazing!

So, in short I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you search you can find God in all things. Even a song that to some may have no spiritual value or connection. But for me, I look for Him in ALL things and am able to find him wherever I seek. So, if it took a Sade song to remind me of his promise to me then so be it. At the end of the day all that He cares about is that I got the message.

His message. Which is simply, he is ALWAYS by my side.

So in closing, I urge you to read over the lyrics. Listen to the song. Sing it to yourself. Do whatever it takes in order for it to sink into your spirit that God is ALWAYS by YOUR side! And no matter where you find yourself he will NEVER leave you alone.

God bless,

Until next time....keep fighting the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment