Monday, August 24, 2009

Transformation of The Spirit

Ever wonder about the process that a butterfly must go through to become a butterfly? Well I have wondered time and time again. And each time I think about it, it amazes me.
I mean think about it, they start out as eggs. Hmm, so do we, nothing so great about that. Then they become caterpillers, nothing so grand about them either.  After that, they get to hide in a cocoon...whoa Nelly! How's that for a downgrade. At least as caterpillers they had access to some greenery, a few shrubs, even a tree or two! LOL. During this time they are smashed in this webby like icky looking pouch where they must be content and reside until the day when the REAL beauty takes place. The caterpiller reemerges as a beautiful butterfly! How's that for a miracle?
Now maybe just maybe I'm the only one that thinks of this process and how it relates to the humans spiritual life. Well at least how it relates to my spiritual walk with Christ. Much like the butterfly I've gone through a few different phases in my life. Times where I felt like the caterpiller not quit living up to my potential. Other times I've felt like I was living in a cocoon not quit in the circumstance I'd like to have been in. And then there's the beautiful full grown butterfly. I bet you're wondering if I've ever felt like that. Well the answer is no. Not quit. But God's working on it. I'm working on it.
I know that there will be a time and a place for the beauty that's been placed in me to be revealed. And when it does...watch out! LOL. I supposed it will be just as beautiful as the wings of a butterfly. I imagine everyone will wonder, how on earth did she manage to go from "this" to "that" or from "here" to "there"? LOL. Not that I'm in all that bad of condition right now, if I do say so myself. Haha. But I'm talking more on a spiritual level. I'm talking about a beauty that ONLY God can create.
I'm talking about living my purpose and walking in all that God has created me to be. Doing what He placed me here to do. THAT'S the beauty I'm speaking of. So no matter the process, how ugly it gets, I'm in it for the long haul because I know if I continue to press forward, I too will be as beautiful as a butterfly.
I will be able to share with my son the struggles as well as the beauty. The world will get to witness my transformation as well. I'm excited to know that I will be watched as closely and admired for all that I've endured in the process. Not many can withstand feeling small, living through trials and tribulations and come out flawless! I can't wait to see my "pretty wings". LOL
Which leads me to where I'll leave off today. I'm leaving you with the lyrics to one of my favorites songs. It's sung by Deniece Williams (not sure of the author).
" Black Butterfly"
Morning light, silken dream to flight
As the darkness gave way to dawn
You've survived, now your moment has arrived
Now your dream has finally been born
Chorus:
Black Butterfly, sailed across the waters
tell your sons and daughters
what the struggle brings
Black Butterfly, set the skies on fire
rise up even higher
so the ageless winds of time can catch your wings
ooh...ooh
While you slept, the promise was unkept
But your faith was as sure as the stars
Now you're free, and the world has come to see
Just how proud and beautiful you are
Chorus
Let the current lift your heart and send it soaring
Write the timeless message clear across the sky
So that all of can read it and remember when we need it
That a dream conceived in truth can never die
Butterfly
Cause now that you're free and the world has come to see
Just how proud and beautiful you are
Chorus
Fly
Butterfly
Yeah, yeah, yes
Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment