Monday, August 10, 2009

Accident or on Purpose?




Recently, I had to ask myself a question. Am I living by accident or am I living on purpose?

Tough question to ask but easy to answer. Somehow I've managed to accidently live my purpose! Lol.

You see, what I mean is. Somehow, by the grace of God. I'd been living my purpose all along. Now don't get me wrong. It's not quite to the magnitude in which I know He has for me. But yet in still, I'm walking in my purpose.

The writings been on the wall this entire time. It's in the song's I love and sing.(i.e Black Butterfly by Deneice Williams, Still I Rise by Yolanda Adams, My Heart will go on by Celine Dion or The Wind Beneath my Wings by Bette Midler).

It's even in the songs and poetry I write. It's in the way my family and friends look to me to inspire or encourage them to pursue their dreams. It's also in the way I choose to market my clothing line. I mean come on "Ambition, Motivation & Determination Tees"?

It's even in the way I consult my prospective marketing clients. It's been said that I can sell ice to an Eskimo. Lol. But really, my clients are moved to do something when I speak. Even if they don't have budget in place after meeting with me they want to do something.

My friend once told me after listening to my enthusiasm about marketing that though he didn't own his own business he wanted to start one just so I could market it for him. Lol. Now if that's not a gift from God I don't know what is.

Lol. Silly me. It's been staring me in my face this entire time.

I used to think I just "accidently" stumbled upon certain situations in my life but now I know different. Much of my lifes experiences were no accicent.

You see, all the things that intrigue me, make me feel good about myself, the reasons why people call upon me etc. They are all part of my purpose. Part of the reason God put me on the earth. Even a few of the jobs I've had have somehow been in His plan for me. The other jobs were a pure waste of my time, talents and energy. I felt like a wild animal trapped in a cage and set out for display.

Unfortunately, I thought there was no other way to live. You pick and job, stick to it and be grateful for it.

All the while I was miserable. The only time I felt good was when I was inspiring or encouraging someone to live their dreams. No matter if it's through music, tee shirt designs, poetry, my words etc. I LOVE to inspire others. That's my purpose.

I'm here to inspire you! And anyone else who needs it. Finally, I get it.

So in short, my knack/talent for writing, singing, speaking, my sense of humor, the way I'm able to engage audiences/readers are all pieces of the puzzle. I don't have to try at it, it simple comes naturally.

I'm grateful that God has begun to put the pieces together for me and show me why He's placed me here. I trust that the money will come. I'm just grateful that He's allowed me to "accidently" stumble upon my purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment